February 22, 2021

 The title of my poem is Our Perspective. It is about the struggles of black people. The inspiration for my poem comes from a song that I heard. The theme of my poem is simply put as black experiences.


Our Perspective


Black is beautiful but also very deadly

We work twice as hard as people we know we’re better than

Cause we need to do double than what you do just to level you

Our heritage has been severed

You show pics of our fam on their knees, 

Turn round, tell us we were the barbaric ones

Fam we had actual queens

Black is watching child soldiers getting killed by other children

Feeling sick, like, wow that could’ve been me

Someone dies, the darker the killer, the sweeter the news

If he’s white, he gets a chance, he’s ill and confused

But if he’s black, you say he’s armed, you see him you shoot 

Black is holding it down for your mom cause your dad’s gone

Black is growing up with your family and making it

Next being forced to leave the place you love cause there’s hate in it

Black is struggling to find your heritage

Can’t find the truth about your culture cause they’re erasing it

Black has got a bitter flavor, this is just a taste of it

But black is the only thing I know, there’s not a thing that I would change in it


Comments

Popular Posts